How to Care for a pet guinea pig
Guinea pigs often squeak with joy when their owners enter a room. How can you resist such welcoming pets?
You Will Need
* A companion guinea pig or two
* A guinea pig pen that's at least 4 square feet in size
* Newspaper & bedding, such as aspen shavings, shredded paper, or pellet-type
* Guinea pig food, such as hay, pellets, greens, and vegetables
* A one-quart animal water bottle
* Hiding places, such as empty coffee cans, shoeboxes, and flowerpots
* A small pet brush
* A hard-sided wading pool (optional)
* Guinea pig vitamin C tablets (optional)
Many guinea pigs think Vitamin C tablets are a treat. Give your piggies a quarter of a tablet once a week, or sprinkle a crushed tablet over their food.
Excited guinea pigs sometimes jump up and down—a behavior called "popcorning."